Beulah Baptist Church broke ground for a new portico and 2-story narthex addition on Easter Sunday, April 8, 2012. Located on Route 600, just 6 miles northwest of Aylett in King William County, Virginia, the 1,600 SF expansion provides a new commons gathering area, accessible bathroom facilities for men and women, and ample storage for coats. The second level provides multi-purpose space for worship overflow and bible study, as well as bathroom facilities. The new addition is completely accessible for the physically handicapped and includes enhanced exterior and interior lighting. The new narthex addition, with a Georgian-style columned portico and Flemish Bond brick coursing, will complement the existing historic 1846 brick sanctuary that replaced the original frame church sanctuary that was built shortly after the church was constituted in 1812.