Join our team.
Norman Company is looking for a Superintendent to help consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and that exceed client expectations. We expect our superintendents to become involved with each project from the pre-construction phase and carry it through completion to our high standards of excellence while maintaining client and owner relations.
Norman Company is a commercial general contractor based in Mechanicsville, Virginia. We are a family company priding ourselves on creating and maintaining lasting relationships with our clients through our quality of workmanship and the values we provide.
• Work in partnership with project manager to identify and address issues of constructability or lack of scope
• Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments including financial goals, scheduling, logistics, phasing, milestones, inspections
• Oversee all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety, construction, progress, quality control and a clean site
• Work in partnership with PM to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project
• Exceed client expectations for each project by understanding client needs, wants, and preferences
• Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with the project team regarding changes in work, job conditions, subcontractor relations and any deviation in the direction of the project
• Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors
• Maintain and review punch list process to ensure all are addressed and executed in a timely manner.
• Proven track record of meeting deadlines
• Extensive knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
• Experience in managing, training and developing people
• Experience in computer technology
• Experience in Construction means & methods
• Must be able to travel
Compensation & Benefits
• Compensation based upon experience
• Simple IRA with company matching contributions
• 2 weeks paid vacation
• Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
• Group Life Insurance / AD&D