Commercial Construction Superintendent
Norman Company Inc (NCI) is a commercial construction Class A general contractor that constructs buildings of high quality and distinction. For more than 25 years, this family-owned company has served clients in Greater Richmond and Central Virginia. NCI’s clients include business owners, health care providers, churches, state government, counties and municipalities, manufacturing and warehousing companies, historic property owners and others. With extensive experience and expertise in construction planning and project management, NCI has earned a reputation for building quality, value and lasting relationships.
NCI seeks a Commercial Construction Superintendent that can consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and that exceed client expectations. Our superintendents are involved with each project from the pre-construction phase through completion and consistently deliver our high standards of excellence while maintaining professional relations with other members of the construction team, including clients, architects, engineers, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Oversee all daily field operations on every assigned project to ensure proper site safety, construction, progress, quality control and a clean site.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments, including financial goals, scheduling, logistics, phasing, milestones, and inspections.
- Work in partnership with Project Manager to address issues, resolve problems and maintain an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project.
- Exceed client expectations for each project by understanding client needs, wants, and preferences.
- Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with the project team regarding changes in work, job conditions, subcontractor relations and any deviation in the direction of the project.
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors.
- Maintain and review punch list process to ensure all items and issues are addressed and executed in a timely manner.
- Experience in Construction means & methods
- Extensive knowledge of construction safety procedures and regulations
- Experience in managing, training, and developing people
- Experience in computer technology
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Must be able to travel to job sites within Central Virginia (60+-mile radius from Richmond)
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as group health/dental/vision insurance options, retirement plan, paid holidays, two weeks’ vacation plus personal leave, and a company vehicle.