Assistant Commercial Construction Superintendent
Norman Company Inc (NCI) is a commercial construction Class A general contractor that constructs buildings of high quality and distinction. For more than 25 years, this family-owned company has served clients in Greater Richmond and Central Virginia. NCI’s clients include business owners, health care providers, churches, state government, counties and municipalities, manufacturing and warehousing companies, historic property owners and others. With extensive experience and expertise in construction planning and project management, NCI has earned a reputation for building quality, value and lasting relationships.
We are seeking an Assistant Commercial Construction Superintendent to join our team! You will support the Project Superintendent and Project Manager in all aspects of construction as required to safely meet all project goals.
Reports to: Project Superintendent(s)
- Ensure all safety policies are effectively enforced; role model NCI safety habits.
- Become well-versed in the daily onsite job operations, including opening and closing the job site.
- Work closely with project superintendent to document all project activity.
- Assist in supervising onsite project personnel and subcontractors.
- Coordinate with the superintendent the unloading and unpacking of all onsite deliveries or project goods and materials.
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications.
- Recommend opportunities for alternative means and methods and trouble-shoot potential problems or delays.
- Complete training to utilize Procore (construction management software) in all applicable capacities.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks assigned by superintendent as required to meet project goals.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Positive attitude
- Problem solving and solution-focused
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Previous experience in construction or related fields preferred
- Must be able to travel to job sites within Central Virginia (60+-mile radius from Richmond)
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as group health/dental/vision insurance options, retirement plan, paid holidays and vacation plus personal leave.